Join Our Volunteer Service
Volunteering involves connecting, giving back, and gaining skills, and is also an amazing way to improve our own wellbeing. Come and be part of our team by becoming a volunteer for people living with dementia in Canterbury.
We want clients (people with dementia) in our community to live well with dementia, to have fun and meaningful lives. Volunteers can play a huge role in this, often being the highlight of their day.
- Companion volunteers visit a person with dementia on a weekly or fortnightly basis. You might go for a walk together, watch a movie or have a cup of tea and a chat.
- Activity volunteers help with the community activities program we run, giving clients the opportunity to enjoy the things they used to in a normalised, safe and supported setting. Activities include swimming, walking, community gardening, art appreciation, baking for Ronald McDonald House and many others.
- Transport volunteers help clients who have lost their drivers license by transporting them to and from our groups.
- Event volunteers help to organise, run, and/or participate in fundraising events such as our Annual Appeal or Walk for Dementia. If you have contacts in the corporate world who would be interested in supporting us, we'd love to hear from you too.
- Reception volunteers support our Administrator in reception once a week, being the welcoming face of Dementia Canterbury and supporting with administration tasks.
To find out more about how to become a volunteer contact Alyssa Jemmett, Volunteer Coordinator. Email email@example.com or call 03 379 2590 ext 210.